Making your own hot sauce is easy, and the green sriracha sauce is sure to please even the most finicky spice lovers at your table. This versatile sauce and spicy marinade is perfect for beef and seafood.
Green Sriracha Sauce
Makes 3 cups
- 6 cups jalapeño peppers, stems/seeds removed and sliced into long strips
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- Blend all ingredients until smooth in a food processor.
- In a small saucepan, bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Stir constantly for 5-10 minutes, or until the sauce thickens enough that it clings easily to a spoon or spatula.
- If you want smoother sauce, you can transfer your sauce back to the blender once it’s cool and puree until at the desired consistency. Add a tablespoon of olive oil before blending for a smooth texture.
- Store in a glass container with a airtight lid in the refrigerator. The sauce will keep for 1-2 weeks.