The Deep South has a unique approach to their foods … make it great every time.
MoBay Conecuh and Gulf Shrimp Skewers are so addictive, most grab more than a few skewers at one time. Ever popular at the Southern outdoor events, such as weddings, anniversaries or family gatherings, these grilled morsels are oh, so good.
Conecuh and Gulf Shrimp Skewers
- 1 pound fresh Gulf Shrimp
- 1 pound Conecuh Sausage
- 5-8 bamboo skewers
- Cavenders Greek Seasoning
- Peel and butterfly shrimp.
- Slice the sausage lengthwise, then into cubes for the skewers.
- Alternate shrimp and sausage on the skewers until all is used.
- Sprinkle liberally with Cavenders and set aside in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the charcoal grill for indirect grilling, preferably with a Grillax Charcoal Halo.
- Once coals are ashed over and hot, place skewers around the coals, but not directly over the heat.
- Cover grill and let cook for 10 minutes. Flip and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Check the internal temperature of your shrimp and make sure it reads 145 degrees. The Thermoworks Thermapen MK4 is a great tool for checking internal temperatures on delicate foods.
- Remove grill top and bring your coals back to high heat. Sear the skewers for 60 seconds on both sides before serving.