Piña Colada Jello Shots are your tickets to turn traditional tasty summer cocktails into fun shots, perfect for any beach vacation.
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Coco real cream of coconut
- 1/4 cup Pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp Gelatin, unflavored powder
- 15 Maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup Rum or coconut rum, white
- 3/4 cup Water
- In a small mixing bowl, sprinkle the gelatin powder over ¼ cup water, and allow the powder to soak in for 2 minutes.
- While whisking, pour the boiling water into the gelatin and stir until the gelatin is dissolved. Add the sugar, and whisk until dissolved.
- Add the pineapple juice, cream of coconut, and rum. Whisk to combine.
- Pour into a 6-inch by 9-inch dish (or clear plastic cups or mini jello molds).
- Refrigerate for 1 hour until jello had thickened.
- Place cherries evenly in 3 lines in the jello. Refrigerate until completely set, at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Dip the bottom of the dish (or mold) into warm water for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Run a sharp knife through the jello, parallel to the cherry lines, to create 3 strips of jello.
- Cut each strip into even squares. (If you have fondant cutters or any other mini shape cutter, you could use those instead of cutting squares.)
- Use a small offset spatula to lift the jello out of the pan.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.