This epic burger is part of a fan-frickin-tastic month-long event hosted by Girl Carnivore, but opinions are always our own!
Burgers. The mere name can start people’s mouths to water.
With so many variations on this famous grilled sammich, we wanted to put a spin on it as only Grillax could.
We created the Buffalo Chicken Burger, complete with spicy jalapeño, sweet curry, creamy Havarti cheese and a tangy buffalo mayo to top it off.
Because it’s made with ground chicken, it’s bangin’ lean, so adding a few super spices and topping it with even more can catapult this version to compete with their beefy counterparts.
New Product — We used an extra-clean charcoal from EcoCharcoal because we wanted the flavors in this recipe to stand out, not the charcoal. It’s got neutral carbon hardwood, and that’s it. Less smoke and more, consistent heat. We really like this charcoal.
Buffalo Chicken Burger Recipe
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 Tbsp. garlic paste
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. curry
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 Tbsp. light olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 2 oz. Havarti
- 4 Ciabatta rolls, lightly toasted
BUILD YOUR BURGERS
- Combine mayonnaise and hot sauce until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, garlic, cumin, cayenne, jalapeño, and season with salt and pepper. Shape mixture into 4 patties.
- Place the patties on a silicone mat (or aluminum foil) on the indirect side of a hot grill.
- Brush with olive oil and grill patties until firm with an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place 1 or 2 cuts of Havarti cheese on each burger and continue grilling until cheese is melted.
- Add burgers to toasted Ciabatta rolls and top with Buffalo mayo and fresh red onion.
Buffalo Chicken Burger
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BurgerMonth Sponsors: Cabot, Anvil & Hammer, New York Beef Council, Red Duck Foods, and Spoonabilities for providing prizes for this epic event. All opinions are my own. The #BurgerMonth giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All winning entries are verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness.
The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. One winner for each weekly giveaway will be selected. The prize packages are sent directly from the sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond or they forfeit the prize and another winner(s) will be chosen.
The #BugerMonth Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #BurgerMonth posts or entry.
Havarti is our go-to for almost every burger we create … it’s good stuff!
Those onions. That havarti! I am totally drooling over these burgers.
Havarti is our absolute FAVE! Thanks, Carlos!
I need one of those burgers. They look delicious and I like the addition of the harvati cheese.