Creating the perfect shark dish can be tricky, but it doesn’t have to be, and the key could be a perfect shark marinade. If one can combine the flavors that accentuate the finicky-flavored shark meat, grilled shark success can be attained.
Perfect Shark Marinade
- 2 pounds shark steaks (remove blood line)
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 4 dashes sesame seed oil
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 whole Serrano pepper, finely diced
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
Cut the shark into eight portions.
- Place them in a large, deep glass dish.
- Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, fish sauce, half of the green onions, lemon juice, garlic, cilantro and Serrano pepper.
- Pour the marinade over steaks and set aside for 30 minutes, turning twice.
- Remove the shark steaks (reserving the marinade) and grill over high heat about four minutes a side.
- Brush with the marinade before turning.