Bratwurst, affectionately called brats, is a German fresh sausage made by stuffing a lamb casing with spiced ground pork, beef or veal. It is a highly-spiced sausage with caraway seeds, marjoram, white pepper and allspice.
Heat up a Bratwurst Hot Tub
It’s hard to beat Brats on Gameday … no matter where your team plays! One sure-fire way to make certain all your guests get a piping hot, juicy brat is to create a simple bratwurst hot tub.
- 1 large (11-inch x 9-inch x 2 3/8-inch) aluminum foil baking pan
- 2 to 3 cans (12 ounces each) Coors Light beer
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, sliced
- 1 package Brats
- Put the pan right on the grill, being careful not to singe your knuckle hair. Pour in the beer, and add the butter and onions.
- Grill your Brats to a juicy, golden-brown perfection. Be sure to use tongs, and not a grilling fork. You don’t want to lose all those tasty juices.
- Serve immediately to your hungry guests and place any remaining brats into the steaming hot tub.
When folks are ready for seconds or thirds — or when stragglers show up late — grab a Brat out of the hot tub and enjoy!