No matter what region of the world where grillmasters work and play hard, almost always one will find a staple sauce. You know, a concoction that is versatile and tastes great with anything grilled. Some will deny being boxed in with flavor, but most will have some sort of tomato-based sauce that stimulates the buds!
The pro staff at Grillax has come up with a perfect sauce to get your through any grill session. Give it a try and tell us what you think.
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon local honey
- 1 tablespoon whole mustard seed
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp. garlic puree
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 drops liquid smoke
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to boil and immediately reduce heat. Simmer gently for 20 to 25 minutes, or until desired consistency.
- Remove the bay leaf. Serve over beef, chicken or pork.
Originally posted 2017-02-27 21:26:11.