Every party has that show-stopper, give-me-that-recipe, crowd favorite food – stuffed jalapeños may intimidate some folks, but those brave enough to give them a try will find themselves struggling to stop popping these one-bite appetizers.
It doesn’t get much easier when it comes to food prep, either. Slice your peppers, remove seeds (PLEASE remember to wear gloves, people!), fill with cream cheese and top with Havarti and bacon. Throw ’em on the grill, and a few minutes later … Bam! They’re done! Just make sure you prepare plenty of these for your party; they will go fast.
Don’t forget to remind your health-conscious friends that these babies are low-carb. 😉
Whether it’s a relaxing afternoon at the casa, or an invigorating day at your alma mater, this appetizer rarely fails to excite (your taste buds.)
The prep time is longer than that of most appetizers, but the payoff is worth the time.
- 8 jalapeño peppers
- 1 pkg cream cheese
- 1 block Havarti cheese
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into quarters (16 pieces)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Slap Ya Mama white pepper seasoning
- Slice peppers down the middle and remove seeds, set aside.
- Mix room-temperature cream cheese with salt, pepper and cumin.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into each pepper half, no more than even with the pepper.
- Place a slice of Havarti cheese on top of the cream cheese of each pepper.
- Place a strip of bacon over the top of each pepper.
- Sprinkle the tops of the filled pepper halves with Slap Ya Mama.
- Place onto medium hot grill, not over coals or burners.
- Cook until cheese begins to melt and bacon starts to brown.
- Serve immediately with a Mexican beer and lime, y’all! 😉