Dessert is the quickest way to get people excited after a fine meal. The anticipation of something sweet and satisfying is hard to overcome. Throwing some pineapple on the grill could be just the ticket, and a simple way, to get that blood flowing.
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into one-inch thick slices
- 3/4 cup dark rum
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream
- roasted cocunut
- Mix rum, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon together until sugar is dissolved.
- Preheat charcoal grill to medium-high heat.
- Place pineapple on grill, using tongs to turn. Baste with rum sauce while grilling.
- Turn sparingly. Grill 10 minutes or until sear marks form.
- Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream. Drizzle remaining rum sauce and roasted coconut for the ‘wow’ factor.