Quick poll: What’s the best style of appetizer at any gathering?
American? French? Caribbean? Mexican?
When it comes to the grill, it’s hard to top anything prepared with a Mexican influence.
Traditional Mexican food highlights many dishes that are grilled and are light and flavorful. Traditional Mexican spices like cumin, garlic, cilantro and chiles are enough to turn any culinary head in the room.
Mexican food can create a rave inside your mouth and a tasty way to Light it Up in your diet.
Mexican-Style Grilled Green Onions
Grilled green onions are a tremendous addition to the typical chips and salsa, and you’ll impress your guests with easy gourmet treats.
- 2 bunches of green onions per person
- Fresh lime
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: Whole Jalapeños, 4 lime halves (Grill with onions)
- Wash and cut off the stringy root part of onion and drizzle with olive oil.
- Set on a hot grill for about 7 minutes, making sure the onions don’t get too charred.
- Flip the onions and grill another 7 minutes.
- Squeeze lime over the grilled onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper.