While perusing the pages of jesseyancy.com, we found an intriguing, flavorful recipe (We also love that it’s made in Mississippi). Let’s see how Grillax Nation takes to this one.
Mix the ingredients, cook for 30 minutes, then mop with the sauce and turn the meat frequently.
- 3 lemons, sliced
- 1 pint vinegar
- 3 heaping tablespoons sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 pound oleo
- 1 small bottle tomato ketchup
- 1 small bottle Worcestershire sauce
- 3 onions, chopped
- enough water to make 3/4 gallons
- salt, black and red pepper to taste
A native of Calhoun County, Mississippi and a graduate of the University of Mississippi, Jesse Yancy is a writer, editor and photographer living in Jackson, Mississippi. He is currently working on a culinary survey of the Mississippi Delta. His work can be seen at www.jesseyancy.com.
Originally posted 2015-06-24 13:05:19.