When entertaining the gang with a grill session, look no further than the Backroad Nachos appetizer. Made with a favorite of many barbecue aficionados — the country rib, a rich, flavorful piece of pork that soaks up lots of flavor and is oh, so hearty.
Though you can buy country ribs at most grocery stores in small packs, these relatively unknown gems of the grill mainly come in family packs of 12 or more. So, that means there will likely be leftovers after your event.
If you are in a snacking mood, we suggest giving our Backroad Nachos a try. The only problem is, once you run out, you’ll be longing for more of these spicy, flavorful appetizers.
- 1 grilled/smoked country rib section (thinly sliced) or leftover pulled pork (1 cup)
- Tortilla chips
- 2 fresh jalapeños (sliced)
- Shredded pepper jack cheese
- Fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Roma tomato (diced)
- 2 green onions (diced)
- Dry rub seasoning (Rubbin’ Right Honey Bourbon)
- Preheat oven or grill to 450 degrees.
- Layer tortilla chips onto flat sheet pan.
- Add generous amount of cheese to the chips.
- Place rib pieces around the chips until all chips are in co Honntact.
- Sprinkle cilantro evenly around the chips.
- Add dry rub seasoning to taste.
- Place pan in oven or grill and heat for 5-8 minutes until cheese melts and tortilla chips begin to brown.
- Top with fresh diced tomato, jalapeños and green onion. Serve with guacamole, sour cream.
Originally posted 2014-11-23 14:59:34.