We’ll show you how to make fish tacos at home or at an event while using a FireDisc Cooker.
It’s easier than you think, and will be a great addition to your tailgating recipe arsenal.
FD Fish Tacos
- 8 fresh fish filets
- Seasoned corn meal (see below)
- Soft flour tortillas (large)
- Peanut oil
- Fresh cilantro
- 12 jalapeño slices
- Pepper jack cheese (shredded)
- Chipotle cole slaw (see below)
- Sriachia sauce (optional)
Put your peanut oil in the FireDisc grill to about half full. Set your FireDisc to high and bring temperature to 375 degrees. Use a Thermapen to make sure you are up to temperature before frying your filets. After covering your fish filets with the seasoned corn meal, drop each filet carefully into the oil. Turn the fish once or twice and fry until the filets float and become golden brown. Remove the fish filets from the oil and let drain.
Now you’re ready to put the tacos together. Grab a soft tortilla in one hand and load it up with the fish filets, cole slaw, shredded cheese, salsa, cilantro, jalapeños and Sriracha sauce (for more bite). It’s that simple, and oh, so good.
Happy Grilling, y’all!
Chipotle Cole Slaw
- 1 bag coleslaw
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 chipotle pepper, finely diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 3 green onions sliced
- In a medium-sized bowl mix the mayo, lime juice, vinegar, chipotle, adobo sauce, sugar, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl mix slaw, cilantro and green onions and sauce mixture.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. Garnish with extra cilantro or green onions.
To take a look at what FireDisc Cookers has to offer, visit http://www.firedisccookers.com.