When the 2020 Burger Month campaign was in it’s infancy stages, the team at Grillax wanted to create something for the carnivore crowd.
Beef. Bacon. BBQ Sauce. Beef. Bacon. And more bacon!
We didn’t want to frill it up with fancy lettuce, tangy onions or ripe, red tomatoes. No. we just wanted meat and some Q sauce.
What we came up with was the Bacon-a-Palooza Burger, and mountain of meat dripping with tasty Kansas City BBQ sauce.
MORE BURGER LOVE: Caveman Burger 2.0
Bacon-a-Palooza Burger Recipe
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound thick-cut bacon, halved
- 2 Tbsp. O’Callahgans’s Spiced Rubs, Beef Seasoning
- 1 cup Three Little Pigs Kansas City Competition BBQ Sauce
- Fresh sesame seed buns
BUILD YOUR BURGERS
- Fry bacon in cast-iron skillet to your liking. Remove and place on paper towel to soak up excess grease.
- Loosely form ground beef into four equal-sized patties.
- Sprinkle O’Callahgans’s Spiced Rubs, Beef Seasoning onto each patty.
- Place patties on the indirect side of a hot grill and cover with vents wide open.
- Once patties reach an internal temperature of 155 degrees (check with Thermapen Mark IV), about eight minutes, move to direct grilling and sear each patty. Your target internal temp after sear is 160 degrees.
- Stack burgers on toasted sesame seed buns — sauce, beef, bacon, sauce, beef, bacon, sauce.
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BurgerMonth Sponsors: Cabot, Anvil & Hammer, New York Beef Council, Red Duck Foods, and Spoonabilities for providing prizes for this epic event. All opinions are my own. The #BurgerMonth giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All winning entries are verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness.
The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. One winner for each weekly giveaway will be selected. The prize packages are sent directly from the sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond or they forfeit the prize and another winner(s) will be chosen.
The #BugerMonth Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #BurgerMonth posts or entry.
Every bite so oh, so good! 😉 Thanks, Christie!!
That is one KILLER burger stack! I’m drooling with all that flavor.