Have you ever heard of Grilled Tomato Pie? Well, just to show there really isn’t anything you can’t grill, we’ve put a nice touch on an old Summer favorite.
Grilled Tomato Pie
Fresh Veggies and your Grill … what’s better?
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and sliced 1/2″ thick
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 pound crumbled bacon
- 1 teaspoon Cavender’s Greek seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh basil
- Dash salt, pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 10-inch pie shell (pre-baked 8 minutes)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated Pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Jalapeño slices
- Heat grill to medium high, around 350 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil on tomatoes, add basil and Greek seasoning. Place on rack directly over heat for 2 minutes per side.
- Layer the tomato slices, onion and bacon in the pie crust.
- Combine the cheese, sour cream and yogurt.
- Add lemon juice. Stir.
- Spread on top of tomatoes, onion and bacon.
- Add jalapeño slices.
- Place pie pan on grill and cook 30 minutes, or until top is browned.
Originally posted 2013-08-12 12:56:52.