Chef Frank Sauer shows GrillaxNation how to prepare a New York/GameDay staple, the Chicken Spiedie sandwich — a delicious symphony of chicken, olive oil, spices and, of course, the grill.
Want some knowledge? A spiedie consists of cubes of chicken, pork, lamb, veal, venison or beef. The meat cubes are marinated overnight or longer (sometimes for as long as two weeks) in a unique marinade, then grilled on skewers over charcoal.
Here is a recipe from JoCooks.com
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 4 Italian rolls
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Garlic sauce ingredients
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 egg white*
- 1 tsp salt
Prepare garlic sauce
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, it should take 1 to 2 minutes. This recipe will make about 1½ cups of sauce, refrigerate leftover sauce.
- In a small bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients. Place the chicken in a ziploc bag and pour the marinade over the chicken, seal the bag, toss to combine. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours up to overnight.
- When ready to cook turn on your grill to medium high heat. Clean and oil the grill.
- Cut the rolls lengthwise and brush the inside of the roll generously with butter.
- Thread the chicken on 4 skewers, making sure to divide the meat equally among the skewers.
- Grill the chicken on all sides, about 3 minutes per side, until chicken is cooked and starts to brown. Place the rolls on the grill and let them grill for about 2 minutes or until the bread starts to brown.
- In each roll lay a grilled skewer inside. Gripping the roll at the bottom, carefully slide skewer off, leaving meat in the bread. Drizzle generously with the garlic sauce.
For more GameDay treats, visit http://www.tailgatefan.com
‘Fan Sports Live’ gives fans a behind-the-scenes look at sports through exclusive original programming, broadband in-studio shows and live telecasts via the CBS networks.
Originally posted 2016-06-08 21:51:23.